Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As the Identity Tech Lead, you will play a pivotal role in directing Pinterest's Identity technical vision and collaborating with sub-team leaders to improve and build scalable and stable engineering systems. You will have a broad scope of responsibilities, including leading areas related to authentication, authorization, account security, bot detection, age verification and privacy compliance, etc. You'll consistently work closely with stakeholders across Pinterest, not only to shape the technical strategy, but also to identify problems and propose innovative solutions, subsequently ensuring their successful implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Set up the long-term technical vision and strategy for Identity & Privacy, aligning it with the Pinterest’s mission and goals, and proactively identify areas for technical innovation and improvement
- Collaborate with stakeholders from product management, legal and ops teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Partner closely with other engineering teams and cross functional partners to create robust, scalable, and high-quality solutions
- Define and influence architectural and strategic direction for the Pinterest platform.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of sophisticated systems
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the engineering teams, promoting knowledge sharing, mentoring, and professional development
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead with deep understanding and expertise in system/software architecture, particularly with respect to identity and privacy.
- Professional proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Python, or C++.
- Proven success in technical leadership and mentorship of multiple teams.
- Experience in translating abstract product needs into a technical vision
- Ability to design and work with multiple layers: the API, data storage & architecture, data retrieval
- Experience with frontend development, security, machine learning is a plus.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.