At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Data Privacy team protects our drivers, passengers, and trusted partners’ data. We lead efforts across the company to protect data entrusted to us by our users.
As a member of the Data Privacy team you will work with teams across Lyft ensuring products, services, and partnerships are protecting company and individual data from unauthorized or unnecessary access. You will implement and maintain preventive, detective and remedial controls; work closely with the security team providing privacy controls at scale; and regularly consult with others throughout the organization to minimize risk exposure and improve data safeguards.
- Develop critical frameworks that control access to systems, encrypt sensitive data and create audit trails.
- Build and launch tools that continuously and automatically identify vulnerabilities and undesirable practices improving visibility for incident response.
- Identify weaknesses in technical and human workflows; develop solutions to mitigate or correct weaknesses.
- Consult with engineering teams on privacy issues throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Build and launch distributed systems in AWS, built on top of NoSQL datastores such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Consult with engineering and legal teams to understand data retention, deletion, use and exposure requirements.
- Advocate for data privacy throughout the organization.
- You’re a software engineer with experience in at least one modern object oriented programming language. You love to code and are excited at the prospect of launching services and tools in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You thrive in collaborative environments.
- You have sound judgment and a strong work ethic. You can independently triage and prioritize work.
- You challenge the status quo. You see weak spots in complex systems, come up with solutions and advocate for them.
- Implementing coding standards, source control management, build processes, code reviews and testing.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Distributed SQL query engines (e.g. Trino and Spark)
- Workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Building distributed systems or web applications at scale.
- Secure coding frameworks (e.g. OWASP Top 10).
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the San Francisco area is $180,000 - $215,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.