Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are looking for a seasoned senior product manager who is passionate about technology and building products that help businesses build and scale on cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate, technical, results-oriented, and a motivated self-starter to develop and innovate and expand the Droplet offering for DigitalOcean’s compute portfolio. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, this Senior Product Manager will define and lead the vision and strategy for the evolution of DigitalOcean’s data protection offerings.
Droplets are the foundational compute primitive DigitalOcean’s product portfolio, and helping customers protect and back up their droplets are equally important. In this highly-visible role, you will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers, Product Engineering, Product Strategy, Infrastructure and Architecture to evolve the droplet portfolio for DigitalOcean customers for back-ups, snapshots, data protection, replication and disaster recovery. Along the way, you’ll drive yourself and others towards the vision, and have a meaningful impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the product vision, strategy, roadmap for data protection (backups, recovery, replication, etc.) and translate those into prioritized, impactful, high-quality, yet simple features.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs as they build their and scale their businesses on DigitalOcean’s cloud platform.
- Work with customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, define “jobs to be done” and build out user stories.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for relevant features and capabilities.
- Define, monitor and measure well defined KPIs to measure success and enable course correcting when and where necessary.
- Develop and Lead quarterly planning for owned areas.
- As a Product leader in your area, you will influence and guide the development process and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Collaborate and contribute to pricing, product positioning, and to go-to-market plans for the DO Droplets working with key stakeholders such as business strategy team, pricing team and go to market teams.
- Enable the DO Sales team with product training and collateral.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Leadership: ability to lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team (and examples)
- Customer Focus: a deep understanding of the challenges that face businesses while adopting, building and scaling on a Cloud Infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help.
- Technical Knowledge: the ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product, and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers.
- Data Driven Approach: ability to articulate user hypotheses in terms of ptive measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- Verbal and Written Communication: the ability to lead productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents, on a technically sophisticated product
- Proven experience operating in a Product Management capacity for technical products, having managed at least one entire product development cycle from concept to launch.
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of Cloud scale products and technologies. Demonstrated ability to grasp and learn new concepts and areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Past experience developing Compute products or Cloud Compute infrastructure at scale.
- Past success in shaping highly scalable software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- Successfully managed and launched a technical product at scale, preferably in Infrastructure as a service.
- MBA is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is between $155,000 USD - $185,000 USD based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role